- pieces salmon, skin removed, cut in 10 appetizer size pieces10
- cups water3
- cup white wine1/2
- tablespoons lemon juice2
- Salt to taste
- In a large skillet with 3 inch sides, heat water, wine, lemon juice and about ¼ teaspoon of salt. Boil.
- Gently add salmon and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Poach salmon for approximately 5 minutes or until pink opaque. Do not overcook
- Serve with Clementine salsa:
6 Clementines, peeled and diced (about 1 ½ cups)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ cup red onion, finely diced
1 jalapeno (seeds and membranes removed), diced (optional)
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together. Can be made one day ahead.